I’m happy to announce a new ROS book: “ROS Robot Programming, A Handbook is written by TurtleBot3 Developers”. Now, this book has been published English and Chinese versions. You can download the pdf of this book.
The authors of the book want to say thanks to Morgan, Tully, Brian of OpenRobotics and all ROS development team, maintainers and contributors. This book is an expression of gratitude to all ROS community members. We hope this book help on that effort and look forward to everything we can do with you in the future.
[About the book]
- Title: ROS Robot Programming (EN) / ROS机器人编程 (CN)
- Subtitle: A Handbook is written by TurtleBot3 Developers
- Authors: YoonSeok Pyo, HanCheol Cho, RyuWoon Jung, TaeHoon Lim
- First Edition: Dec 22, 2017
- Published by ROBOTIS Co.,Ltd.
- Pages: 487Pages (EN), 496Page (CN)
- Website: www.robotis.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ISBN: 979-11-962307-1-5 (EN) / 979-11-962307-2-2 (CN)
This book is a ROS robot programming guide based on the experiences we had accumulated from ROS projects like TurtleBot3, OpenCR and OpenManipulator. We tried to make this a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects necessary for a beginner in ROS. Topics such as embedded system, mobile robots, and robot arms programmed with ROS are included. For those who are new to ROS, there are footnotes throughout the book providing more information on the web. Through this book, we hope that more people will be aware of and participate in bringing forward the ever-accelerating collective knowledge of Robotics Engineering.
[This Handbook is written for]
College students and graduate students who want to learn robot programming based on ROS (Robot Operating system) and also for professional researchers and engineers who work on robot development or software programming.
We have tried to offer detailed information we learned while working on TurtleBot3 and OpenManipulator. We hope this book will be the complete handbook for beginners in ROS and more people will contribute to the ever-growing community of open robotics.
[What you will learn from this book]
From the basic concept to practical robot application programming
- ROS Kinetic Kame : Basic concept, instructions and tools
- How to use sensor and actuator packages on ROS
- Embedded board for ROS : OpenCR1.0
- SLAM & Navigation with TurtleBot3
- How to program a delivery robot using ROS Java
- OpenManipulator simulation using MoveIt! and Gazebo
- Chapter 01 Robot Software Platform
- Chapter 02 Robot Operating System ROS
- Chapter 03 Configuring the ROS Development Environment
- Chapter 04 Important Concepts of ROS
- Chapter 05 ROS Commands
- Chapter 06 ROS Tools
- Chapter 07 Basic ROS Programming
- Chapter 08 Robot/Sensor/Motor
- Chapter 09 Embedded System
- Chapter 10 Mobile Robots
- Chapter 11 SLAM and Navigation
- Chapter 12 Service Robot
- Chapter 13 Manipulator
[Download the book for free]
If you have questions about this book, please post them to the RobotSource community.